Welcome to the DESI Data Model!¶
The DESI Data Tree¶
DESI data are grouped broadly by category, using environment variables to define the base directory under which files of that category are kept. These variables have a standard location relative to $DESI_ROOT, but code uses these variables so that one can swap out different input/output locations for testing.
- $DESI_SPECTRO_DATA : raw data
- $DESI_SPECTRO_REDUX : processed spectro data
- $DESI_SPECTRO_SIM : simulated spectro data
- $DESI_SPECTRO_CALIB : spectro calibration data
- $DESI_TARGET : target selection and fiber assignment
- $DESIMODEL : data used for simulating DESI
- $PROTODESI : data and logs from the ProtoDESI campaign
- $DESISURVEY_OUTPUT : outputs from desisurvey and surveysim
- Contributing to desidatamodel
- desidatamodel Change Log
Imaging data and their catalogs are documented separately by the Legacy Survey.